• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get shadows as a seperate layer in your PSD file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that the background is a seperate layer but i really need the objects on seperate layers with the ability to turn shadows on and off. I can make object layers from the selection masks however i cant seperate the shadows without just re-making them. Is there a way to so this???
Thanks.

Tom.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

ok that is possible to code so the best option is to put in a request for it... if people vote for it then who knows

Screenshot (1375).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean ground shadow?

just do two rendors... one with and one without

Screenshot (1374).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or do you meen PSD file layers after rendering file into PSD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a PSD file after rendering, which has each object in a seperate folder with 2 layers. One for object and one for it's shadow. This way you can move the objects around the scene in photoshop. Just like a regular PSD mockup. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok that is possible to code so the best option is to put in a request for it... if people vote for it then who knows

Screenshot (1375).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
Is there any update on this feature and whether it's now possible to export a dimesion file into a psd file with seperate shadow layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates will be posted in the uservoice forums and we can't discuss prerelease builds here until Adobe Staff post something public about them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines