Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to merge objects in Dimension?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've searched for answers and I'm probably over-looking, because I can't seem to find any. I know I'm able to group objects together, but whenever I try to apply a material to my object, it isn't consistent. The texture scales differently for different sized objects and goes in different directions. I want it all to be flush and consistent as if it is one object. [First Picture]

ALSO, If the shapes overlap and I apply a texture, I get a glitchy overlap that flashes every time I move the object. [Second Picture]

Please help me 😞Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 11.35.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-03 at 11.36.51 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Textures are applied to the UV map... What you want to edit must allow for that

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make them the same size Apply materials and then resize one. Did you try that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know if there is an answer for this problem!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes he got two answers which he didn't bother to try or didn't return to say if he still wanted help

also this was a year ago and the Dev team have added a export uv option now to help people

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dimension/using/exporting-model-uvs.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines