• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to preview image in finder for dimension projects

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see a preview image of my dimension project when I open finder in mac. This can be a long and confusing process to open the correct folder when I can only see a long list of dimension icons when I open finder. I wonder if anyone can help me with this one please?

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

After installing some apps, that apps install a plug-in in Bridge to be able to preview files. I suggest you uninstall Dimension and install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its Windows and Mac mate... this is what happens when the team that designs the ui knows nothing about the product

feel free to ask them to include it here Adobe Dimension Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Adobe Bridge Explorer to view Dn file. Here is mineCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ares. Now I know there's something wrong on my mac because I've opened Bridge and am still only seeing the Dimension icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge version is 9.1.0.338

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fill it as bug into Adobe Dimension Feedback Portal for getting answer form engineering team,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see Dn file without any first rendering. Interesting.

Capture.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting. Read an article that said Bridge now integrates Dimension - but I cant find that option in my drop down as you've pictured. I've downloaded the latest Bridge and Dimension versions but appear not to have those options. Sooooooo frustrating!!

I know it's my fault in some way but can't figure out what!!

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - sorry. I uninstalled, then reinstalled Bridge today and I DO have the .dn option now, but still no preview for exported .dn model as before......

Thanks again for your help.

Over and out.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing some apps, that apps install a plug-in in Bridge to be able to preview files. I suggest you uninstall Dimension and install it again.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting but are you sure you have never rendored that shape? If you open the dn and add a new background image (without rendor but saved) does it show up in the bridge previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check in Bridge if in Preferences > File Type Associations, you have listed Dimension (.dn)

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be clear, file type lists what software to use when you open the file i.e, open it with Adobe Dimension (or whatever you browse to) but he is saying that the icon [image] doesn't show and that has nothing to do with the File Type Associations list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charms2601  wrote

Thank you Ares. Now I know there's something wrong on my mac because I've opened Bridge and am still only seeing the Dimension icon.

to be clear, only Dn files that have actually been rendored will show as having an image in Bridge

Screenshot (2830).png

Try opening one of your Dn files and run a quick (fast) rendor then open Bridge and see if you now have an image in your preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're absolutely right. Ran a quick render and can see the .dn file in bridge.....will do that in future. Thanks so much....weird but it works....

BUT - I want to be able to see a preview of the .dn model that i can now export from Dimension and save....but it's absolutely no good until you can preview your model collection without first having to open. I have a Sketchup library with thousands of models and rely on being able to preview. Can't believe this hasn't been a consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-07-23 19.17.14.jpg

1: Quick render saved as Dimension .dn file and visible on Bridge

2: Export of model as is now possible with latest upgrade but no ability to preview. Nice upgrade but really disappointing lack of attention to full integration.

I received a response to my feedback about this from Adobe with an acknowledgement that this has not "come across the radar" and they'll be happy to look into it. Dimension has so much potential but these oversights make it a non-contender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Adobe Bridge Feedback . Hope they can find a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay sooooooo - with all your help and suggestions I can now preview my .dn models but have to open in Bridge as suggested. The option to drag and drop the .dn file into Dimension is useful because the preview image is there after a quick render.Screenshot 2019-07-24 10.21.32.jpg

Thank you so much for your help. You guys are great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines