• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resize a model in 3D without changing the size of the cover ?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I would like to resize a book in 3D without changing the size of the cover. For example, here the coverage is not wide enough for the model. But if I reduce the width of the 3D model, the coverage is reduced as well. Can not find how! You help me? Thank you !!

Capture d’écran 2018-12-10 à 17.13.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

As far as I've been able to figure out, there's no way to resize a model without also resizing the decal.

For things like books that are more or less rectangular, I will often use the Plane model to match the height & width dimensions and then adjust the book or sign model manually to match as closely as I can. Then after the model is the correct height-width ratio, then I can place the decal.

Unfortunately since decals don't always import at their own exact dimensions, I often wind up doing a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same question. I do not want to manipulate the graphic placed on the model as this warps the dimensions and typography of the original. Rather, I want the graphic to inherit the perspective of the model and be able to edit the model after a graphic is placed without effecting the graphic's integrity. Is this possible?

Otherwise we just have to guess the length/width of a 3D model to fit every possible graphic dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I've been able to figure out, there's no way to resize a model without also resizing the decal.

For things like books that are more or less rectangular, I will often use the Plane model to match the height & width dimensions and then adjust the book or sign model manually to match as closely as I can. Then after the model is the correct height-width ratio, then I can place the decal.

Unfortunately since decals don't always import at their own exact dimensions, I often wind up doing a lot of manual adjustment on the decal anyway. To my knowledge the only current answer is that we have to eyeball it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you very much for your answer !

Nicolas .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can edit the decal or colour image in Photoshop | illustrator to get exact results but eyeballing it is the way Dimension was designed to be used yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines