• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make a 3D Sneaker- what program would you use?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with Illustrator and Photoshop and I want to put my work on next level. I'm a footwear designer and I'm looking for a way to make shoe design in 3D. I already had a look at Dimension CC but I don't suppose it is the right program for making shoe design, does it? I appreciate any suggestion how to start and what program would you work with. Thank you so much for you help.

Regards

Silvia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

you want Blender or Maya & I would use Blender just because its free

p.s, if making 3d models is not something you do all the time = pay for it... also have a look at Adobe Fuse for some free footware

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension CC do not allow to build complex 3d Model from scratch. There are a lot of excellent 3d programs. 3d max, Maya..etc

With Dn you can import ready 3d models and finish your "exterior design". Dn have workflow with Illustrator and Photoshop and allows  directly import and editing psd and ai file as graphics, materials, textures for finishing your design..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you want Blender or Maya & I would use Blender just because its free

p.s, if making 3d models is not something you do all the time = pay for it... also have a look at Adobe Fuse for some free footware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @Ussnorway ​and @Ares Hovhannesyan ​I really appreciate your reply. I got your point and will have a look at it. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the largest repository of 3D models (free and commercial):

Free 3D Models at CGTrader 

and type "sneaker". The most common format, almost the standard is 3ds Max.

Snaekers at CGTrader 

The easiest modeling tool is SketchUp. They have lots of free models in their site:

SketchUp 3D Warehouse 

-RFH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines