• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Model File Formats

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any file formats other than .OBJ supported by Dimension CC. I'm using Fusion360 to create most of my models, it can only export in .igs/.iges, .sat, .smt and .stp/.step.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Not at this time. Only .obj is supported.  There are several other ideas for supporting new formats on our Feedback Portal so you can vote on the formats there (or post your own formats if you don't see it listed!)

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at this time. Only .obj is supported.  There are several other ideas for supporting new formats on our Feedback Portal so you can vote on the formats there (or post your own formats if you don't see it listed!)

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.igs/.iges, .sat, .smt and .stp/.step

These would be VERY helpful for those of us working in a Engineering Department. Engineers create models and we Technical Illustrators would love to make use of those models. Right now our option is a VERY EXPENSIVE Keyshot program. Bu we already have Adobe CC so it would be a great fit! So, PLEASE add support for at least these. Then later we'll bug you about native support for popular Solid Modeling Programs like SolidWorks and SolidEdge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post in the Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal  as we won't be doing any idea tracking here.  These forums are great for discussion but hard to manage ideas/voting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I create content from Solid Works models and anything that would allow me to import those models would be huge. IGES etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fusion allows you to export as .OBJ if you create a download link.

Solved: how to export a obj from fusion 360 all at onces - Autodesk Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can import a few formats.

I usually get models from Grabcad and import them to photoshop, in photoshop I export the 3D layer as a OBJ file and then import that into Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 

In Adobe V9 Pro Extende there was a number of CAD import possibillities like CATIA, NX, STEP and IGES and it worked very god. With export possibillities in WMRL and others. In the real CAD engineering world these CAD formats is still valid.

BR 

Per-Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines