• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported graphic won't conform to 3d model

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a image (in this case a designed letterhead paper) the graphic doesn't take on the curved form from the curved plane.. it stays flat. How can I get it to take the shape of the 3D model?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

In Dimension it is not possible to warp any placed image, so the only workaround is to edit image in PS after placing on 3D object. I can suggest you to create  several artboards in PS and place different warp examples of text on them. After importing PSD file as placed graphic you can choose artboard with image which the best fits 3d Object surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to import as placed graphic? Can you share that image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure as you can see the image isn't taking the same shape as the model. I clicked on the image and selected import image.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 8.35.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Dimension it is not possible to warp any placed image, so the only workaround is to edit image in PS after placing on 3D object. I can suggest you to create  several artboards in PS and place different warp examples of text on them. After importing PSD file as placed graphic you can choose artboard with image which the best fits 3d Object surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, When viewing the tutorials for Dimension it looked as though I could do this easily. It now seems misleading.. I could just do all of this in photoshop then and not even use this new program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RUR44028  wrote

I could just do all of this in photoshop then and not even use this new program.

correct but Dimension is normally faster than Photoshop as it only uses one light... i use them both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines