Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a decal comes in distorted.

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all:

Is it normal for a decal that is imported to come in distorted, i.e., the length and width aren't 100% x 100%? I've been using a Cube object from the library, and using the magic wand to select the front, side, and top panels to apply a decal to each. When I place/import the decal (which is a flattened RGB PSD file) in a panel, it appears distorted.

Ivor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The height and width scale values are a bit... abstract, at the moment.  It should come in at the correct aspect ratio, though that can depend on the model.  It tries to wrap smartly around complex shapes, so it could distort the image to fit the form beneath it.

A screenshot would be most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jeanette, for your help. The attachment shows how the PSD file came in distorted. The PSD is 9" w x 14.75" h. In Dimensions, I placed a Cube and typed in the Properties for the Cube those same dimensions as for the image. Am I doing something wrong?

screenshot_01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines