• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing model from libraries turn decals oversized

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'ts been really hard for me everytime i want to collab my new model from the one i saved on my libraries, it always turn the decals oversized. then i fix it once by one, again and again. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Why you can't import obejct into another Dn project? I do that several time. You can also export Dn file from Dimension and import it into other Dn project also. When exportind - export as whole scene not as selected object. 

I think there is some glitch with cc libraries. better to not use any other app if you can directly import it from your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats cryptic, are you sure you are talking about libraries as in CC library files and not just Psd or Obj files stored in creative cloud?

we would need to know the workflow to figgure this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like files are loaded from Adobe Stock. But I am not shure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok yes Adobe Stock is different to library and they are having major issues [can't talk about it sorry] right now so testing is not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the model on blender, then import on dimension as obj. i just want to collab my current works to my previous, i can't open both on dimension and drag it on the other one, so i import it on my library, but when i put it back in its decal turn oversized, it's a problem when you need to collab all your works. i don't know if i did somthing wrong here. i tried make it same canvas size from my current to my previous works, same results.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.01.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-02 at 8.03.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why you can't import obejct into another Dn project? I do that several time. You can also export Dn file from Dimension and import it into other Dn project also. When exportind - export as whole scene not as selected object. 

I think there is some glitch with cc libraries. better to not use any other app if you can directly import it from your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting scene- then importing it back as model works! thank you, big help. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 7.45.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear, have a nce day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines