Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Exporting OBJ files to work with in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I've been trying to export an OBJ file from Dimesnion utilizing the 'Export Selected Models" prompt found within the programs Export option.  My problem is that when I open the OBJ file in Photoshop the file is missing some of the selected assets.  The strange thing is there are other models that I have successfully been able to export and work with in Photoshop without issue. 

I was wonderring if there may be a problem with the assets that I am trying to export?  The model in question was created entirely with Starter assets that can be found within the program, and utilizes a simple matte texture with #ffffff as the color.  I checked to make sure that none of the selected assets were locked, and were grouped accordingly.  As I mentioned above I have had no issues with other OBJ files I've exported using the same steps, but I have encountered missing assests on other files as well.  Therefore I am at a loss as to why I'm encountering this issue.

Any insight would be greatly apprciated!  I am working on a Windows machine if that helps with relevancy.  I have also attached Images to showcase the desired OBJ file, as well as what opens up in Photoshop.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Thank you so much for the insight, and you have fixed my issue!

Best,

Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the mistake you made was not converting to standard objects before export from Dimension

Selected Assets Used For Export.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the insight, and you have fixed my issue!

Best,

Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines