• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with material consistency

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to help me! 

I have been using Dimension for a few months now and overall, it is working well for the projects I work on. However, I sometimes run into an issue where materials will appear differently from part to part - despite the fact that every part has been created the same and has the same material applied. It comes across as though some have more of a metallic appearance. I should note, the models I use are ones I create in other programs and import as FBX files. The parts that are affected seem to be totally random. We have done investigating on our end into how the parts are created, but there are no inconsistencies that would create any differences. 

I understand the design vs. render mode have different visibilities, thus, this issue seems to go away once the model has been rendered. However, the issue is still apparent when the model is uploaded to a sharable 3D scene. I love the ease and benefits of being able to share these 3D links with clients, however, with the inconsistencies of material appearances, we aren’t able to use it.  

I am unable to share a full model, but here is a snippet of what I’m referring to – this whole section should be one consistent blue (the lighter, less metallic looking blue).

Dimension.jpg

I will also note – I have tried loading the same model into Adobe Substance and I experience the same issues. Anyone else running into similar issues or able to offer solutions? 

Thanks in advance - any suggestions are very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Feature request , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

It comes across as though some have more of a metallic appearance.

By @jlhaydar

yes Adobe changed their drivers without really telling anyone and I would take another look at your texture maps... 3d roughness maps are normally black , white or gray so invert them i.e, turn a black map inside out so the black parts are white and the white parts are black or with gray maps just remove them and use the slider instead to turn the effect down

if your Dn files rendor well then thats really all you can a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It comes across as though some have more of a metallic appearance.

By @jlhaydar

yes Adobe changed their drivers without really telling anyone and I would take another look at your texture maps... 3d roughness maps are normally black , white or gray so invert them i.e, turn a black map inside out so the black parts are white and the white parts are black or with gray maps just remove them and use the slider instead to turn the effect down

if your Dn files rendor well then thats really all you can ask because Adobe makes no effort to sync with other software... even when that other software is made \ owned by Adobe and it sounds like you have 3rd party workflows so all bets are off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines