• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Label issue on 3D model built in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this tutorial to make a 3d model from Illustrator to Photoshop to Dimension. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza-_6Dkz6Q 

When I make the cup attached, The issue I'm having is the label I put on the cup doesn't wrap all the way around the tapered cup. Is there something I'm doing wrong with building my 3D model in Photoshop? I did also hit the Generate UVs in Dimension like the tutorial said and still no luck. I've added a screenshot of what happens and added .psd file of the cup I built. Any help would be appreciated?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020
  • first that is a very good tutorial... I check the bottle is round and add UV maps in Photoshop but apart from that the workflow is the same as mine

Decals don't ever go all the way around! after about 80% they break up and you use a decal image that allows for that or you use a full

decal = 0-80%decal = 0-80%

the Uv map | model needs repairs

magic tool selects only 1 facemagic tool selects only 1 face

known size = Photoshop UV mapsknown size = Photoshop UV maps

V1 trickV1 trick

1. by making the UV maps in Photoshop I know what size [1024X1024] my textures become
  2. in Dimen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• first that is a very good tutorial... I check the bottle is round and add UV maps in Photoshop but apart from that the workflow is the same as mine

Decals don't ever go all the way around! after about 80% they break up and you use a decal image that allows for that or you use a full

decal = 0-80%decal = 0-80%

the Uv map | model needs repairs

magic tool selects only 1 facemagic tool selects only 1 face

known size = Photoshop UV mapsknown size = Photoshop UV maps

V1 trickV1 trick

1. by making the UV maps in Photoshop I know what size [1024X1024] my textures become
  2. in Dimension V1 we could trick the rendor by adding blank pixels around our decals but this doesn't work in later builds
  3. use the magic wand to select the outer face of your object so decals \ fulls only go on the side and not under

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway,

Thank you for the info. I will check that the bottle is round and trying to add UV maps in Photoshop. 

As for Adobe Dimension, the preset models don't seem to have the issue with the decals. When I put the same artwork on a coffee cup, which is also tapered,  it works fine. Are those built a different way than I built my model? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they are built with better UV maps yes + you can adjust non-text decals... imo your model is more of a icecream than a coffee cup

try this tutorial made for Adobe Dimension [files are included to play with]

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dimension/how-to/apply-2d-vector-art-to3d.html?playlist=/services/playlis...

Screenshot (4226).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines