• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop for Dimension: Ryzen 7-4800H GTX 1650 Ti ???

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i looking for a laptop and i wonder if a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 (Ryzen 7-4800H/16GB/512GB/GeForce GTX 1650 Ti), will run the Dimension.

Notnhing powerfull just to render packaging scenes.

TOPICS
Hardware , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

yes that laptop will run Dimension better than most laptops so this is your first question out of the way and the rest is Apples to Bananas

yes 16G Ram is good for a laptop but its bad for a rendor platform and crap for a Mac so if you want to compair the pair you need to undertstand what is happening under the hoods

when Adobe Dimension opens a Dn file it tries to load that into Ram so how much Ram you have = how big \ complex a Dn file you can do i.e, for files your laptop can't do you will nee

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can check out the system requirements for Adobe Dimension here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 16GB recomend Video memory for GPU rendering, sound extremly lot for a laptop, but i read in this forum about M1that run Dimension.

So if somone is a  similar configuration laptop user, i aprecciate some feedback about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes that laptop will run Dimension better than most laptops so this is your first question out of the way and the rest is Apples to Bananas

yes 16G Ram is good for a laptop but its bad for a rendor platform and crap for a Mac so if you want to compair the pair you need to undertstand what is happening under the hoods

when Adobe Dimension opens a Dn file it tries to load that into Ram so how much Ram you have = how big \ complex a Dn file you can do i.e, for files your laptop can't do you will need to find a mate with a destop 32G-64G Ram system so be aware of your limits

to actually rendor a file takes Ram + Cpu where Ram = how big and Cpu = how fast... you Ryzen chip will eat up rendor time faster than any Intel could hope to and the Gpu mostly gets ignored by all Adobe software

as a simple rule of thumb Windows has 1/2 the Ram a Mac has because it needs 1/2 because [unlike Mac] the Gpu should do half the work

two final points;

1. Adobe Dimension is finished and Adobe wants you to pay extra for their new Stager product which is basically Dimesnion + $. if this is worth it for you fine but understand work flows using Dimension are now a dead end
  2. Don't install Windows 11 on that laptop... you have until 2025 which should give you a good life for a well looked after laptop and you can trade up when the time comes or sell it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines