to use Dimension CC on the trial, some bad advise and

suggestion along with some miss steps were sent to me

via Adobe support.  Now that I have gathered all the necessary

information, it is determined that my laptop is basically

worthless.

I have narrowed down some laptops that will support all

of what is required however, it any one else has a

recommended list, or perhaps good experiences to

share about what they are using it would be appreciated.

It is very disappointing to have saved and spent money on

something you cannot use or appreciate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

out of interest was this a Mac or Windows lemon you just spend money on?

the specs for all Adobe software is posted but imo Ryzen desktop (spent about 1g aud on it so far) is the best option for any rendor task... if you need a laptop then it gets a bit harder to recommend things without knowing the person, I use Asus laptops and they run Dimension well (even if the installer thinks I don't have the correct specs)

my current work system is a tp500l running GF840m graphics this has been upgraded (b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

out of interest was this a Mac or Windows lemon you just spend money on?

the specs for all Adobe software is posted but imo Ryzen desktop (spent about 1g aud on it so far) is the best option for any rendor task... if you need a laptop then it gets a bit harder to recommend things without knowing the person, I use Asus laptops and they run Dimension well (even if the installer thinks I don't have the correct specs)

my current work system is a tp500l running GF840m graphics this has been upgraded (by me) with a Seagate 1t sshd and 8G ram and runs Windows 10 H with All Adobe software + my Wmware and Hyper-V server | workstations and my 3d | Games

this cost me $699 Aud back in Mar of 2016 but I expect to get another year out of it as long as some pluck a duck at work doesn't let Microsoft 'FIX' it with their updates

+ I travel a LOT and like the extra batty life of these touch... which I'm ok makes it a little heavyier than other laptops

+ the graphics + I7 eat rendor tasks all day

- the Gforce graphics only work well with Gforce driver and Microsoft will keep trying to replace with their busted joke drivers

- closing the lid will disable the touch screen... this is a another Windows driver issue and can be worked around by reclosing the lid again or permanently disabling the hibernate

average daily work load;

+

Adobe Muse, Prem pro, Photoshop, Fuse and Dimension as needed... I pretty much do 3d in Photoshop all day and just run other apps as needed to answer questions, make a part or fix an issue

in down time I run Icrone, Wrap, games like Baldur Gate, Myst or Rebellion... showing my age

this replaced my older Asus S500ca (which my daughter inhertited for school) + Windows 10 Pro, runs Dimension and other Adobe ok but the I3 doesn't punch in the same class as an I7

Best of luck with the hunt mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines