• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping Graphics to other Graphics?

Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am intersted in finding out if Dimension CC would be the tool I need to map text to a photographic surface such as an apple or a face. If I can do that with this program where would I see examples of this application?

In the video demo I saw, it is not clear if the graphics being mapped to packaging and bags were actual photographs or 3D renderings.

Any thoughts would be helpful folks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Dimension is not really a tool for mapping images to other images.  You'd probably want to use Photoshop and some distortion tools there.  Dimension is a 3D app so it is for conforming images onto 3D models.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

define [map text]

perhaps a screenshot of what you want to make?

in Dimension

you can wrap a decal around a 3d model and that decal can have text or you could make a custom texture from text and use that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway, what I want to do is lay text over a photograph of a face so that the text conforms to the contours of the face. I know it is a tall order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you can do that but I would use Photoshop instead of Dimension... I assume the face is a Fuse character?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it would be a real photograph and I want to use mathematical notations on a scientist. Sorry for the confusion. There doesn't seem to be any way to create a map such that several lines of text align to the contours of a photographic face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a photo is a flat image and has no contours until you convert it to 3d... I would use Crazytalk for this but there are other ways

the point here is a face (3d model) can be done with Photoshop | Dimension... how you get that face from stock images or someone you take a photo of is out side what Dimension is for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is not really a tool for mapping images to other images.  You'd probably want to use Photoshop and some distortion tools there.  Dimension is a 3D app so it is for conforming images onto 3D models.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be rather easily done in Photoshop using displacement maps. When you create the displacement maps, it will contour to the shape of the face and let the text "wrap" properly into those contours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines