• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Material distortion around edges

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm applying a material to an object, but it's not wrapping around the edges naturally. I'm importing my objects from Photoshop.

In the attached example, the object on the left is a previously imported object where the material has wrapped successfully (not perfect) and the object on the right, is showing the problem on the new object.

I think it has something to do with the UV, but I have no idea what I'm doing here. I've used Object > Generate UV, which partially helped. But as you can see on the right object (rotated to demonstrate) the material fragments, where it should be seamless.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

try to use Export UV. That can solve some problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The UV seems to be a right mess, which must be causing all the problems. I have no idea how I fix this 😞

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 15.07.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you us Generate UV before Exporting UV from Dn? If yes, is there valuable differences in both UVs (with and without Generate UV before Exporting UV?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I generated UVs in Dn before exporting, which I think was the problem.

Attached is the UV exported without UV generation in Dn. It's a better result, but as you can see, it still has some issues. I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, so the UV isn't so broken.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 14.52.15.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 at 14.55.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the differnce for previous and new object that you imported? You have mention about that in your first message? As I undestand both are created in Ps

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, both are the exact same .obj file exported from Photoshop. The difference between new and previous objects is that I generated UVs in Dimension on the previous version, but I did nothing on the new one, other than apply the material. Both aren't quite right, as the material isn't wrapping around the object nicely.

I think the problem I'm having is that I don't know how to correctly create the object in photoshop to ensure the UV isn't so broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the seam is in the object itself and caused by the way you made it in Photoshop so yes its a Uv map issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines