• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Materials not tiling correctly

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, every time I import a model into Dimension and try to apply materials, I get a weird tiling effect. Basically it takes the texture and makes it extremely small. When I adjust the texture to a somewhat acceptable size it doesn't render correctly. It looks blurry and not detail. I don't have depth of field turned on from what I can tell. Heck I don,t even see depth of field as an option.

The render shown was completed in under a minute. I will include a couple other renders that were done with better results. Solid colors don't seem to be an issue, I'm assuming its because of its uniformity.

The square measures 1'x1'x1" The texture is American elm wood (however it does this with any texture not a solid color)

adobe 1.PNGadobe 2.PNGadobe 3.PNGadobe 4.PNGbench 1.pngdresser dimension 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

I think I figured it out, its a UV mapping issue. I created a simple grid to align my UV map and it seems to come in much tighter if I import with textures and the grid painted on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out, its a UV mapping issue. I created a simple grid to align my UV map and it seems to come in much tighter if I import with textures and the grid painted on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am using SketchUp and am having a similar issue. Could you post some more detailed instructions on how you solved the problem. I work in Sketchup. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any detailed instructions he gives you will be for a version of Dimension that is no longer used i.e, 2 years ago = out of date info mate

this is not a Sketchup forum but if you want to share the Dn file I'll test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines