• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Materials

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is weird. Does anyone get this stupid dimension to read any materials? No matter if obj., glb., every program recognizes the textures, out of dimension. Even Photoshop has no problems. What is the problem? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your main task? Importing obj materials into Dn...as jpg or png format? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to render intraoral scans. These are exported natively as ply. I try to convert this into a dimension readable format. GLB would be such a format. This can also be read by Photoshop. Unfortunately Dimension seems to be unable to recognize standard formats including texture. Not even if you save it from Photoshop, Dimension reads the texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import

• .OBJ
  • .FBX
  • .STL
  • .SKP
  • .GLTF
  • .GLB
  • .USD

Export

• .DN
  • .OBJ
  • .GLTF
  • .GLB

.DN is the native Dimension format and is best for reusing models across Dimension projects to preserve decals and material quality. The other formats are best for exporting to other applications and may have different appearances based on differences in lighting, materials, or rendering configurations for various applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer. 

I have read that. So I decided to use the GLB format for transmission. As I already wrote, I can read this in any 3d program without problems, e.g. Blender, Windows 3D-Viewer, even Photoshop reads it perfectly. Only Dimension recognizes only the geometries, but not the vertex data. I think Dimension is still too half-baked. I finished the project in Blender, it works much better. Dimension still needs some time for a professional use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines