• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple texture files, 2 MTL files, 1 OBJ file... No idea how to use this with dimension..

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C_Maxwell1_0-1599252919969.pngC_Maxwell1_1-1599252943713.pngC_Maxwell1_2-1599252963857.pngC_Maxwell1_3-1599253107851.png

1. System Info
2. My view in Dimension
3. The files I'm working with
4. What the model looks like if I use a different program.

I dont know what I'm not doing, but render preview doesnt change my view.  I have no clue how to apply the texture map files to the model, but I notice when I click somewhere in the model, different materials become highlighted in the materials panel on the right side of Dimension.  That tells me the materials are there in some way... but I dont know what's going on.

Anybody able to help me work with this file in Dimension?  Is this possible or do i have to go outside of CC to do anything with this model?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes think of it like an xray or Stl image

those images of yours will need to be converted into one of the standards... Png would be what I would use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your main goal with this file? Was this file created in other 3d program, or you download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used my drone to map the property and am now editing the model in various programs to remove vehicles that didnt map well (movement) or parts of the property that were too small to read from the drone (powerlines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, I should say, I'm working with this file in various programs to find the best way to do this given the size and "file structure", for lack of a better term.   I have CC.. so i thought, why not use dimension since I've already got it instead of trying out these other programs.  Right now, I am just working the file in Blender because I'm not really sure how to proceed with Dimension.

@USSNORWAY, I will check out that video. Thank you for your comment.  I need all the help I can get, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to share a file? Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines