• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My illustrator drawings are splitting up and separating once uploading into Dimension

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.09.45 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.09.56 am.png

As stated, my illustrator files and being splitdisappearing once uploading as OBJ's into Dimension. I think this is some sort of issue with my settings on my iMac illustrator/dimension because this does not happen whern I am on my Macbook. This issue also happens when I create my own text shapes. Once I upload into Dimension, the seperate letters in the text separate.

TIA! Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.34.31 am.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I can confirn on Win 11 that "stroke and fill" of 3d object exported as seperate objects and in Dimension or Stager they became seperate layer. As well for text, each letter have own layer. I think this depend how Illustrator create 3d object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this object was purely just a fill; no stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to share the design as Obj or Fbx we can take a look to try and repair it... the bottom line is illustrator isn't really a good 3D tool but just a workaround for Photoshop loss of function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes please, you can also share Illustrator file.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines