• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My render preview comes out very grainy. How do I fix this?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I click render preview, the image is very grainy, like old TV static. I don't think it's the DoF, but I'm not sure what else to try. The resolution is full, and I'm working from a Surface Book 2, so the specs shouldn't be the issue. Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot 

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use 

Improved Reduce Noise in render: This option reduces render times by using image denoising. This setting can be found in the application preferences and is on by default. The denoising technology has been updated in Dimension 2.3 with significant visual improvements, made possible with Adobe Sensei, our artificial intelligence and machine learning technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Super grainy, even with no DoF and Reduced Noise turned on. 😕model home.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How grainy things are is usually down to the time you gave it to render. Here are some closeups of a render I did, one image after a few seconds, then a minte later, two minutes later, and 10 minutes later. The improvement even between the 9 minute and 10 minute stages was still noticeable. Would you be willing to post your DN file, so we can see if there is a setting that you're using that leads to more graininess?

h1.png

h2.png

h3.png

h4.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reread the subject, and now know you just meant the preview render, not the final render. My preview seems good enough. Here's the same area as normal, then with the reduce noise option selected.

hnoise.png

hnonoise.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also please note that under Render Preview have content menu where you can choose render quality and noise reduction function.

Annotation 2020-06-28 201410.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-28 201208.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines