• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Never opens on IMac Pro.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, I'm never able to install and open this program. I have many 3D programs on my Mac, as well as many Adobe products. I have no explaination as to what the issue may be, as the program never crashes, it just does nothing.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you got internet on this Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the "install and open" as meaning there was something to open. That is, the install part does work. But I did wonder about whether a network was needed, so I tried that. Dimension does seem to open ok even if I'm offline.

Casey, how did you do the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does install, from a download and from the Creative Cloud --  however, when I try to open and run the program -- it bounces in my dock -- then stops and never opens. It never makes to the splash screen.  I tried this program on my previous iMac -- when they first came out with the program and it never opened then either.  Yes. I have internet. No I'm not running "sidecar on old ipads" On this computer I run the following -- much more professional and high end, graphic intensive 3D programs: Maya, Cinema 4d, Z-Brush, Blender... even Poser, DazStudio, DaVinci Resolve, After Effects, Particle Illusion.  So it's not my graphics card. I run the full suite of Adobe Products and Dimension is the only one that does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension does need internet to log in and check your Adobe ID against their server but this doesn't happen every time you fire the software up

other things it does on first boot are scan your system for Gpu settings & tries to play their tutorial vids... both well known cause of 'lockup bugs'... Mac users running sidecar software to port their screens to ipad or whatnot also get into trouble at this point too because those old devices don't allow for VRam

• screenshots help to identity which issue it is each time it comes up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines