• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie - Can Dimension render my .step model like this?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I need to create a 3D render as shown in the attached screenshot. My model is from a CADCAM system, and in .step format.

Questions

1. Is Adobe Dimension the "best" Adobe program to create a render in?

2. In order to achieve the renderings shown, is there a steep learning curve? Or will it be quite easy? (I am not a graphic designer)

3. Could anyone point me in the direction to some documentation where rending is explained in Dimension? Goodness.. I'm really hoping this is going to be easy.

Many thanks
MichelleFrom_Step_to_Render.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Photoshop does a better rendor when you need anything with custom lights but most people find Dimension simple to use
  2. If the model is made from different parts then it is very simple... Cutting up a single model to show the cut out as different parts will take a bit longer
  3. No this forum is busted and we can't show you the tutorials but they are online and also in the software
  4. Windows or Mac?

[ussnorway https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/tutorials.html ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using Windows. To cut the model - thats fine and easy to do - I can just do that in my CADCAM system. It's only the rendering I need. Which tool do you recommend I use, Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

on a Windows machine I'd start with Dimension

you will need to have the model as a base Stl (Obj or Fbx) to load it

then you need a well lighted display image... the default blank page is a good start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines