Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise in Dimension final render

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is my first time posting in the forum, so apologies if I've done so in the wrong section.

I've recently started to use Dimension for some larger interior scenes, but I'm often experiencing noise which I can't seem to overcome. I've included a couple of example images in this post. The first is a clay render, in which everything seems fine, of course. The second is a complete render with materials, and you can see there are sections of noise.

This is a CPU render. I can use GPU rendering in Dimension, but on larger renders it just errors out and reverts back to CPU for reasons I'm unsure of.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing these noise zones? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, if anyone has any knowledge or experience of GPU rendering problems in Dimension, I would appreciate some input. I'm running a GTX 1080 Ti.

Regards,

David

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• don't make people download your images just to look at them mate... some people are on phone or what not
  • noise is caused by light or the model... this is a big rendor so it could also be your system just ran out of Ram [i would need the Dn to test for sure]

kitchen-clay.pngkitchen-final.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't see an option to display the images within the post.

Regarding the render itself, when you say it could be the light do you mean areas where there are insufficient light? I would be happy to share the .dn file but I would have to upload it to my server as it's 1.5GB.

I have 32GB of RAM. I also get the same issue if I render the scene at a really low resolution such as 640x480 (wow, remember that used to be the resolution of monitors?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to use Cloud Rendering? If yes try it.

Concerning including images in messages - you can insert them instead of attaching to post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same going with me, noisy everywhere. Haven't faced any issue like that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you just update something perhaps... a Gpu or anitviris would be a good place to start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with noise. No difference between GPU or CPU, the problem still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve it by altering lighting. I have since moved to Adobe Stager, and haven't experienced the issue again. Do you have Stager? If so, are you able to replicate the problem there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the GPU for rendering and what do you mean about the antivirus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also when making a compositions light reflections - on smooth surfaces (like glass or plastic) - are perfect. After rendering the image is almost like flat, no reflects are visible.. especially on the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines