• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Normal map only works on one side of object

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a packaging project and I want to have this embossed flower on the front side of my bottles. I am trying to do this with a normal map in Dimension, instead of adding it in Photoshop after rendering. This worked fine on one object, but with the rest of them it only wants to apply it on the corners for some reason. When I adjust X offset it just dissapears under the front side. I tried removing my graphic and generating UVs again, and it's still doing it. Also tried detaching material styles on that segment of the object.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 17.42.00.pngScreenshot 2021-02-13 at 18.13.12.png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Hi,

I managed it in the end. Just had to completely reformat the material. I wanted to delete my post but couldn't find a delete button 😂

Thanks for answering 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you share the file we can try to help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I managed it in the end. Just had to completely reformat the material. I wanted to delete my post but couldn't find a delete button 😂

Thanks for answering 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cool thanks for letting us know you got it sorted mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines