• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Normal map problem

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to render a model in Dimension. It was modelled and UV'd in Maya, sculpted in ZBrush, and the normal map was generated in ZBrush as well. It looks fine in Maya Viewport 2.0.

When I load it in Dimension, though, it look false. In Maya, when this thing occurs, you know that your normal map is in sRGB colour space, while it should be in RAW. But in Dimension, I found no way to set this.

How am I supposed to use a normal map here?

normal-map.png

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks back to front to me i.e, the ridges should be gullies so I would flip it around in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you meant I should invert the green channel, no, that is not the problem and that won't fix it. It isn't back to front; the problem is that the UV seams show up and it behaves, as I said, as if it was in sRGB colour space instead of RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines