• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

obj. file is importing as a striped object :/

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 3D model in photoshop to put into dimensions. When I export the file I export it as a wavefront|obj file (obj.). When I import the obj. file into dimensions, for some reason the material on the object turns striped. If I add a material on top of the objects the stripes show underneath.Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.38.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.40.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.43.01 PM.png I have no idea what's going on and I can't find anyone with the same problem. I feel like i'm making an easy mistake.

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you generate a UV map in Photoshop before exporting it? have you tried asking Dimension to generate one or can you share the Photoshop file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Object created in Ps have such glitch with striped effect. By myself I was not able to change that. As i remember there was suggestion to use and make color correction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines