Dedicated community for Korean speakers

object to graphic scale not compatible

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stems from case

ADB-4562498-Z1X3

Adobe "resolved" this issue without actually resolving. I will upload links later when I have relevant files.

Here is the issue I am seeing- and it seems to create multiple issues across the rendering spectrum:

Dimension does not seem to qualify the actual size of the object when applying a graphic to an OBJ. file. There are can models, which I presume are to scale, and I imported a can obj. file that I created that is perfectly to scale, however, when bringing in a png file to adhere to the can as a graphic, dimension just applies the graphic at a random size- instead to scale of the design. I set the parameters in AI to specifically scale properly when brought onto an obj file, but regardless of the scale of the object, the scale of the graphic is incorrect. Scaling the object with or without the graphic does not fix the issue. In the end, the render has sever aliasing due to resolution discrepancies when scaling the graphic to fit the object. When working with a new layout/design graphic png, I discovered this issue also affects the seams of the wrap. Dimension reads seams that don't exist in the graphic, which results in the graphic losing parts of it. Since there is no way to manually apply seams to the graphic/object relationship, there is no way to troubleshoot this in Dimension.

I do not have this issue in Blender, which allows me to create seams where they are designed in the .png, and adheres graphic wraps to scale of the object, based on the source file of the graphic. I.E- if I have a can that is 3.5 inches tall, and I create a label that is 3.25 inches tall, that wraps the object file without any loss of the graphic, or any aliasing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so do you have a question or is this post just a document of your experience with Dimension?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This 1) a document of my experience, and a complaint that Adobe did not resolve my issue or address my concern and instead just closed the ticket and moved on without any resolution- no comment about features to be updated, or thanks for the feedback, and 2) a post in a public space concerning issues I'm seeing with Dimension, so that others who are having the same issue know its not unique to their experience.

The clearly implied questions are what is Adobe going to do about this issue in Dimension, and why did they close my support ticket without resolving it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines