• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects are not seamless

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a 3D object created with Illustrator into Dimension, add a simple color to it, it appears to have a folded paper look (i.e., the material is not seamless). The object is seamless when I export it from Illustrator. How do I address this? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

the seam is in the model because its made by extrusion but should go away when you rendor the scene... what we we are looking at in your screengrab is just a simple preview

seam.png

as for what replces Dimension now that it is finished, Stager has come out... its basically just Dimension with a few extra materials for a lot more $ but you can try it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dimension is no longer being supported, which app do we use to finish 3D objects created in Illustrator? I'm paying $50/month and love my subscription, but can't see paying another $30 or $50 to simply finish 3D objects for Aero. This seems absolutely unethical. Either pay the Substance fee or go elsewhere? Wow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youe object that have been created in Illustrator must have the same look in Dn. Why we are seeing half of it? May be the second part is hidden in underground?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the seam is in the model because its made by extrusion but should go away when you rendor the scene... what we we are looking at in your screengrab is just a simple preview

seam.png

as for what replces Dimension now that it is finished, Stager has come out... its basically just Dimension with a few extra materials for a lot more $ but you can try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it shows up when I export the asset to Aero. It is seen in my Aero project as well. 

Thank you for your response, Norway. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind, you are correct. It is not showing up in Aero. I had seen it previously.. maybe I did something wrong. I'm not sure. I do not see it now, though. Sorry for the trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines