Exit

objects not showing fully in dimensions

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Newbie in Dimensions here.

I need to make a product mockup for work. I am working with a custom made bottle- as my company has custom made bottles- where I need to place a label on.
As far as I understand- Photoshop is no longer the program to use for making custom 3D objects to import into dimensions. So i made a path in illustrator- and turned into a three-part 3D object.

My problem: when i import the objects into Dimensions- only half of each object part, shows.
Images are attached. 

Hope someone can help.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator you used stroke and fill. After exporting 3d object they create different layers in Dn. Please open you scene panel and try to placed decal on right object (layer) in Dn. Also try to generate UV before placing or you can apply Generate UV after placing object into Dn (Menu: Object->Generate UV).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you just placed the bottle into the ground plane

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 14.00.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the right side of the panel under actions.. choose the last icon (Move to ground) or Command + .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very easy, your object is there, but you need to left it up to the ground level, short cut on a Mac is cmnd+ . Period.

or there is a button to the right side under Actions, usually next to the trash can it's a down pointing arrow. 
you are all set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines