Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open GL not recognising GPU (any more)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’ve been using Dimension on my PC for at least the last 12 months (so have upgraded at least twice) with zero issues until recently it crashed during a render, locking my OS meaning I had to force quit it by turning off the PC.

On restart, it installed a Windows update and I’ve not been able to launch the app since without getting the ‘Does not meet Open GL requirements’ error message, and says the application will now shut.

(incidentally, I also lost the animated zoom function in Illustrator (but not Photoshop) at the same time, so suspect the issues may be linked somehow ?)

However, it seems Dimension doesn’t completely shut down and appears to run as a background process instead ? This means that the OS still sees Dimension as running, meaning the only way to quit it (in order to be able to uninstall/reinstall) is by ending the process in Task Manager... (annoying).

I’ve tried all the fixes suggested (updates to OS and drivers, clean install of graphics drivers, remote access by Adobe Support) with no joy, and also had NVIDIA support look into it – they have confirmed that my card should run Open GL version 3.2 (as it’s running version 4.6) and I’ve also checked this with Open GL Extensions viewer which also seems to confirm it supports the necessary version 3.2.

As far as NVIDIA can tell the issue appears to be that Dimension is not ‘reading’ the GPU correctly ?

Whatever the issue, I would very much appreciate either a fix or a solution ASAP as we need this software to be able to run our business !!

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as NVIDIA can tell the issue appears to be that Dimension is not ‘reading’ the GPU correctly ?

By @simonb74899474

correct

no fix is coming because Dimension is finished but the standard work around is fresh install on top of fresh build of Windows... personally I also lock out Microsoft updates from work station computers but that is hard if you don't know your way around a network so not something the average punter should try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, a fix did come - eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines