• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL issue on ARC A770

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm the user of Intel's ARC A770 GPU, and this is the error code which i get trying to open Dimension. After clicking OK, program is closing.

italicpl_0-1667850211904.png

Open GL version in this card is 4.6.0.

I'm running Windows 11, 22H2.

The only possibility to open Dimension now is to move gpu-sniffer-core.exe away from main folder, but then Dimension is not using GPU to render the scene.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Hardware , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension is correct and your Gpu does NOT meet the min standard to run this software... it doesn't even meet the standards of internal cards because its total junk and you waisted your money on a scam

now don't take my word for that... check around the internet and you will find dozens of reviews "from real" unpayed reviewers explaining why you should not get this card yet

Screenshot (1035).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked OpenGL report, i really don't understand why it's not compatible:

italicpl_0-1667998376746.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I had remote session with Intel Support. To open Dimensions application, i had to DISABLE iGPU - which for me is just stupid because it's i9K 12th gen Processor, and this is why I bought the Intel's GPU (to use it in tandem). After i ran the app, rendering process is not using the GPU anyway...

1. Adobe, please fix the problem. Your app is working with both GPUs separately, but when two of them are enabled. App crashes.
2. Please enable usage of Intel's XeSS raytracing for rendering. I know you can 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't thing intel is a fraud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you resolve this? If you don't you can try the following:

Open Directx Diagnostic Tool, in Windows, search bar, type dxdiag, open the app:

CarlosBarrantes_0-1680794488357.png

Then, please check the tabs Display and Render. Direct 3D Acceleration most be available on both. If they aren't you most do the following:

1. Update the lastest Windows drivers.

2. Update with the lastest video card drivers (from Microsoft webpage).

3. Update with the lastest Directx drivers.

4. Update the Visual C++ Redistributable package to the lastest version (also from Microsoft webpage).

5. Keep looking if there is new Windows updates availables. Do the updates and then do a fast check again, open Directx Diagnostic Tool, you must see that in tab Display that Direct 3D Acceleration is Enabled, but DirectX 12 Ultimate maybe is Disabled, thats OK, now see the Render tab, Direct 3D Acceleration now is enabled and also DirectX 12 Ultimate.

6. Try with Dimension now.

I own a laptop with Intel Arc 370M and is owesome, of course it isn't like a nVidia RTX 3050, but is still owesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain more please.  I have i9 14k Gen with intel arc a750 and planing to buy a770. If any of this works please tell me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Dimension correctly, you need to turn off iGPU:

1. Open "Device manager" (you can type it in Start menu)
  2. Locate the dropdown for "Display adapters" and open it up
  3. Right-click the entry for your iGPU (Intel UHD Graphics) and click “Disable device”

I've got opened ticket at Intel's support from May 2023, but it's still the only working solution i've found.

As an A770 user, I think it's really not worth the upgrade from the A750. In everyday use, you will feel almost no difference between those two cards. If you're planning an upgrade it would definitely be a wiser move to wait for this year's Battlemage series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is worked for my Arc A770, thanks mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines