• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Adobe Dimension shows nothing but blank grey screen and refuses to close

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Dimension, I am greeted by nothing except a blank dark grey screen which does not respond to anything. I can move it around and expand it, but beyond that, all mouse clicks, keyboard have no effect.

Annotation 2019-12-30 135838.png

Also when I exit in the corner it refuses to close. I have to end the task in task manager.

Brand spankin' new Windows 10 computer. I will screenshot the specs.

Annotation 2019-12-30 135839_LI.jpg

• The latest version of Adobe Dimension (3.1)
  • I tried installing the two older versions instead - had the same results.
  • I tried restarting - no luck.
  • I currently only have one monitor display.
  • All of the other apps in the Adobe cc range appear to work just fine.

I would really appreciate anyone who is able to help me with this. If it is an idea for a solution or an idea of what the problem is. Also feel free to ask for more info.

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

the task manu says Dimension failed to boot... electron is the shell so it looks like the system refused to allow Dimension and that tends to be a antivirus software giving fake feedback [like Norton does] or the network is unable to link up to Adobe servers

I would start by running the Adobe cc app first, that should flag network issues like files needing to sync etc before trying Dimension

as Collin points out, Windows allows you to adjust how the exe runs... just right click the Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Thank you all so much for your support. It was indeed a case of needing to update the driver.

Opened device manager, went to display adaptors, right clicked and clicked update driver.

Problem solved now

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows GPU settings you can add applications to a list and then set which GPU the app will use. It could be worth setting your better GPU to handle Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the task manu says Dimension failed to boot... electron is the shell so it looks like the system refused to allow Dimension and that tends to be a antivirus software giving fake feedback [like Norton does] or the network is unable to link up to Adobe servers

I would start by running the Adobe cc app first, that should flag network issues like files needing to sync etc before trying Dimension

as Collin points out, Windows allows you to adjust how the exe runs... just right click the Dimension exe to temp try different Gpu options or Admin to confirm those are not the problem

Screenshot (3453).png

• under more info can you please run a dxdiag and save | post the results... that will flag any Gpu issues such as wrong drivers or locked ram

Screenshot (3452).pngScreenshot (3451).png

also Dimension needs access to the Cpu and some people set their new Windows systems to block that so check your security options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all so much for your support. It was indeed a case of needing to update the driver.

Opened device manager, went to display adaptors, right clicked and clicked update driver.

Problem solved now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for letting us know how you got on mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I wanted my discreete GPU to handle Dimension and it only showed a grey surface no matter what I did - changed it to the integrated GPU (Vega 8) on the AMD chip and voila - it works - AMD or or not don´t know why and don´t care just so long as it works.gpu settings.JPG

Blubben och Blubbianerna!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines