• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preparing OBJ files for import

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 3D model made up of several components built in Rhino. My goal is to try different color and texture combinations among the components but at the moment it will only import as one solid object. I've reviewed these recommended export settings: Supported 3D model formats and content

Any other ideas on how I can make this happen? Should I import one component at a time? Is there a key export setting I might be missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Can you send me the file?  I'm not deeply familiar with Rhino, haven't used it myself, but I'm sure there's an export setting to keep the meshes separate.  If you can send the file I have a colleague with Rhino and we can take a quick look.  If you can e-mail it to tickets@adobedimension.com we'll see what we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the file?  I'm not deeply familiar with Rhino, haven't used it myself, but I'm sure there's an export setting to keep the meshes separate.  If you can send the file I have a colleague with Rhino and we can take a quick look.  If you can e-mail it to tickets@adobedimension.com we'll see what we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also just as another note, we don't have specific tutorials or help for 3rd party software.  In general I'd recommend searching on the software you're using's help documentation, forums, communities, or support lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines