• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with uneven surface in object

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone have any tips for smoothing out this uneven section in my object? The shape is made in illustrator, pasted into photoshop with a 3D Extrusion applied to create the final object. The problem seems to originate from the anchor points in the vector, but can't be adjusted without compromising the shape.

Thanks!

1.vector.png2.extrusion.png3.dimension.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a sharp edge with top right

Screenshot (114).png

that extrusion looks very thick as well so set it to .1 which is the min Photoshop can rendor... also generate the Uv map (1024*) before exporting to get the best surface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm getting more uneven texture (banding) after I've made those changes. I feel like it's quite temperamental when pasting from Illustrator to Photoshop. Slight changes in the initial shape, seem to have unexpected results.

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 10.19.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I advice you to make this shape from your jpg file. Make new path in Ps or make 3d from selection in Ps. Also you can grayscale your image for removing these artifacts before extruding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares. Sadly, the same thing happens after I re-create the shape in Photoshop. It must be to do with how photoshop renders the extrusion between anchor points. It causes it to look concave.

Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 08.43.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here what I get in Ps from raster brush line. I use Horozantal Bend and Extrusion to get this object. It looks like the same process as we do with Revolve in Adobe Illustrator. At my end I play with light.

Screenshot 2021-06-19 203957.pngScreenshot 2021-06-19 203924.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines