Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quadro or FirePro / Radeon Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya there folks,

Adobe's been a bit light on the details for hardware requirements...

Has anyone tried a Quadro or FirePro / Radeon Pro with Dimension?

Is it better than an Geforce / Radeon? (Given there is no mention of anything AMD in the specs, I fear they aren't allowed at all...)

Also - A little frustrating to see the hardware specs are years out of date... GTX 770? That's a graphics card from 2013.

And an Iris 580 is leagues behind a GTX horsepower wise, but still okay?

As I need to get a low profile graphics card, I am not sure which way to go... And worry I will splash out £170 on a GTX 1050Ti , but don't know if its any good or not.

Or do I go £350 for a Quadro K1200?

Regards

Jules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our original system requirements had AMD messaging, it seems to have gotten lost!  I've made a note to put it back in it's place.

AMD A8 and A10 were on the minimum system requirement, AMD Ryzen on the recommended side.

We did test with a Quadro and didn't have much luck with it.  Most entry level cards are going to perform poorly since Dimension is fairly demanding in terms of computation needs.  We're always working on improving the application so we can drop the requirements, but I'd go for a mid-line at minimum, personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Jeanette re AMD processors....

Although it was more in reference to AMD (aka ATI) graphics cards...

Seems a bit of a confused message for specs then?

Or is it engineered like a computer game engine?

Jules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeanetteMathews  wrote

Most entry level cards are going to perform poorly since Dimension is fairly demanding in terms of computation needs. 

I have a RX550-4g which can be called "entry level" + my Ryzen eats up the rendor and loves Dimension

@, read newer cards will work best... not necessery most expensive game engine cards but with the latest features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines