• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Dimension" saving problem.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the 3D models I have prepared with the .dn extension, but the file does not work when I close the program and reopen it. I have attached the screenshot and log records. I am using windows system.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Hardware , Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 Dn is a crap file format for models that should never be used because no one [even Adobe Dimenion] supports it

2 it looks like the underlinning error is in your file path

i would test in the following way;

• create a new folder on your desktop [or some location allowed by your network setup]
  • open Dimension, create a new model of any kind for this test then export it out to the new folder you just made as; Fbx, Obj and Dn file types
  • close\ open dimenion [without saving], create another new scene with at least 1 new model then try to import the 3 models you saved before i.e, import it as each of the Fbx, Obj and Dn files into this new scene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines