• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render adding additional unwanted shapes / shadows.. please help!

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time i go to render this tub a weird light appears on the render.. almost like it's doubled itself or one of the shapes and is lighting that asset differently. 

Hopefully somone can help me out with this one and solve this issue :'D...

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 11.49.30 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-27 at 11.50.05 am.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that is what it is doing i.e, you gave it 3 objects and rendor preview is trying to show them

example 1 = rendor preview

Screenshot (3183).png

example 2 = rendor

Screenshot (3187).png

example 3 = what you are doing is hiding objects from rendor but they show against the model in preview... the preview will get this wrong every time because it doesn't have the power to work out the shadows

Screenshot (3189).png

p.s, how good a preview image boils down to how much graphics power your system has; my Ryzen desktop makes great previews that are almost as good as the rendor, my Windows laptop tries but can't get the shadows right and I have seen many Mac systems do a dog's breakfast... once you finish the rendor they should all look the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried doing an actual render and i removed the other objects and the problem persists... did i miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

press the match image button to rebuild your lighting before doing the rendor... if that still breaks then yes its prob a bug with Dimension or the Obj you are using for a model

Screenshot (876).png

you can post the Dn file if you want me to test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines