• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render decals coming out blurry

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sifted through the topics on here about this but can't seem to find a solution. So far I've tried changing resolution of the decal, file type, rasterizing, chaning materials on model, experimenting with lighting, etc. to no avail. Is there some rule for having those decals come out sharp?

4a_packaging-Current View.png

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this image on transparent background & what material is the model set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here are some specifications as I've been toying around. I used illustrator to make the file. Placed in photoshop, set to cymk color mode at 300dpi psd file. The graphic is 2.5 by 3 inches and so is the base of my model, but when I place it in Dimensions it scales down. I set it to no background (transparent I'm assuming?). I set the material to plastic, didn't work, now I set the material to matte and it currently looks like this. The label is suppsoed to be wrapping around but I just wanted to show on front for demonstrative purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remade this one just on photoshop, no illustrator. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to assume you want the back text [not the white sent 1 cut out]

try [in photoshop] a overall canvas of 2048X2048 pixels [not inches]

white background layer, black forground text [use a web safe font first before testing some random font off the internet]... save this as Png [not jpg or bmp] and test your rendor against the box you have

results should be sharp as a knife

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines