• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render shows rough (lines) curves instead of smooth shape

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It's my first time posting to the forum. I am running into some issues when it comes to modifying .obj files (converted from .stp) and rendering them out. I have had this issue with several different files I have so I am afraid it may be my file in specific. I don't own any AutoDesk programs so I personally wouldn't be able to fix the issue but I would like to know as much as I can to fix the issue even if it does involve AutoDesk or other programs. 

I also have access to the .dwg files but I'm not sure how to convert a .dwg file to a .obj file (or any other file Dimensions will support). All of the research I've done for that seem very detailed and involves a lot of programs to be installed, etc. 

The issue is as follows... when the rendering is complete, the curves on my model appear to be made of straight lines instead of a gradual curve. I believe it shows up like this in the Design tab as well, however, which is leading me to believe it is my file and not something that could be fixed on Dimensions. I don't believe Dimensions has that full capability to modify a shape like that but I could be wrong as I have limited experience using this app. I've attached a photo below of how my curves keep appearing when rendering is complete:

Thank you so much for your time.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 11.15.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all yes it is the file, not Dimension and the best fix is to change the workflow you use to make them

You can open the file in Photoshop and export it as an wavefront Obj but I'd make them in different software to begin with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Same problem here. I've opened the 3D model in Photoshop and exported it as wavefront/obj but nothing changed. Any ideas how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Ps you control Simplify 3d Mesh . Try this option and see how it affect exorted object and render in Dn. You can find it under 3D menu.Also please review https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/supported-file-types.html

Annotation 2020-06-24 193800.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines