• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Speed is Slow

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if my system is not a good configuration for Dimension. Simple object, water splash (stock effect), photo backdrop, denim texture mapping (stock effect) scaled to 5 times density. Rendering at high quality PSD. Taking 8 hours and 44 minutes to render an image. Doesn't that seem rather long?

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro

64 bit

i7-6900K CPU @ 3.2GHz

64GB RAM

Asus X99 Deluxe II

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

TOPICS
Hardware , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render times are affected by a lot of things.  As far as hardware goes mostly it's CPU and yours is just fine!

The other things that affect render times are

• Pixel resolution
  • How many translucent materials are in the scene (water, glass, plastics)
  • How many reflective things are in the scene
  • Special effects like depth of field
  • And of course render quality setting

It's really hard to say if 8 hours is bad or not without knowing what you're rendering.  8 hours is pretty up there but it's likely not a hardware issue and more about the scene.  I'd recommend reducing the pixel size of the render (you can do this in design mode > environment > canvas size) and dropping the render quality to low first.  Do a test render with that and see how long it takes then increase from there.

That said I will also say that Dimension performance is not optimized yet and we expect rendering to get significantly faster.  The 1.1 release already saw an increase of 20% (average) faster render times from the previous version.  It's something we are constantly working on.  We are also exploring alternatives to rendering on your computer such as our cloud rendering beta program available on the Adobe Prerelease.​

Rendering is not a fast process but we promise we're giving this our full attention to make it as fast as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if my system is not a good configuration for Dimension

the best way to answer that is with the scan

yhj66mg16mkz.png

cyber3dxx  wrote

Rendering at high quality PSD. Taking 8 hours and 44 minutes to render an image. Doesn't that seem rather long?

not really, 8 hours on high rez sounds about right for a I7 chip... remember the G-card is not involved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXTREMELY HIGH compared with 3D modeling programs out there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is ridiculous. I made a simple scene with some flat rectangular objects, no textures, just normal lighting and some DOF.

Rendering time as png in low quality about 20 minutes on a modern iMac. wtf? Other programs would need 20 seconds for this. In high quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines