Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering stuck at 50%, Files not saving

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am having some issues with rendering on Dimension CC. Lots of the time rendering works, however when the scene becomes larger, with more objects, renders seem to get to 50% and then stop.

Looking at task manager, it seems that after 50% of the render has completed, CPU usage alsways drops and RAM usage increases at this point, and I presume the PNG is saving. When the render works the RAM usage remains around 60% and render finishes all the way to 100%. However, when the render fails at 50% the RAM usage just drops here to around 30% and never finishes.

Initally, I thought it was due to decals not being high enough resolution, but even when these are around 4000px X 4000px the render still fails on certain files.

The canvas size I use is 3600px X 2400px, which i guess is moderatley large, but like I said most of my renders will finish at this size, so I dont see that this is the issue. I dont think it is my hardware, I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a GeForce GTX 1650 Super graphics card, which I know are not the most high end, but they are definaltey capable of running Dimension. The overal file size of this render which fails is only 50mB, so not too large.

Has anyone got an reason as to what might be the issue? Is it simply that my file is too big?

Kind Regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that after 50% of the render has completed, CPU usage alsways drops and RAM usage increases at this point

/quote

this is correct and yes adding Ram or making less complex rendors will both fix the basic issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. 32GB  3600 RAM and Ryzen 3800 here. Gets stuck at 50% at least 4 times out of 10. I really like Adobe but being a power user who spends more than 12 hours daily with Adobe products I must say it has more bugs and problems than any other software I have used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines