• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shadow-like artefacts in (preview) render window

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely no clue what is going on with this 3D file. In different viewing angles a hard shadow appears as if it is a reflection of sorts. But going through all the different light settings and changing materials, reflectiveness, etc. to try and figure out what is going on, but I can't seem to find the problem.

Is this a viewport error (although the problem also occurs when rendering out the image) or is my file somehow corrupt? Also, in the preview, all the lines seem smooth, but rendering an export show all the hard lines and curves.

Thanks! R.

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pick a different lighting option then press the build the scene buttion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've tried that. It doesn't change with different lights and only shows with certain viewing angles. When tilting the camera up to a slightly higher view, the issue is gone, but I need that front view.

I tried exporting the object from Dimension and viewing it on the Mac obj previewer. It removes all lighting and the ones that seem to appear in Dimension only. Also, the object looks much smoother than the rendered images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting whole scene or Selected Object from Dn? May without lightening effects you will get more qulity render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares! I'm exporting the whole scene with the 3D chair (and eventually with a background image). Changing the lighting and turning effects off etc. unfortunately, does not help with the shade artifact/bug. It's very odd since the issue only seems to happen with certain camera angles when looking at the backrest of the chair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the resolution set for the material ? Or the chair is a full 3D object ?

The Dn viewport is only a viewport, there is often differences between the final rendering and whatyou see in the viewport.

For me you should check :

- Settings of the material. Set the material at 2048 or 4096 and test a rendeing

- The 3D object if it's FBX, obj or other.

- Check the uv map and try to export or let Dn make the uv map.

- and like @Ussnorway say , check lightning options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there thanks for the reply! 

• Material resolutions (the orange textile) is 1024x1024. I upped the material to 2048 and 4096, but no changes, the unwanted shadow on the backrest is still there.
  • The chair is fully 3D, made out of 20+ components by a 3D artist for an online configurator. The armrests, wheels, frame, subframe, knobs, back-support, etc. all separate 3D objects put together into a fully customizable object. See attached: "Material Selection Masks.jpg". I want to change the materials and export different camera angles. 
  • I understand the viewport is only for the preview render and not the final image. The problem with the shade on the backrest also occurs when rendering the image, only with specific camera positions (mostly the front).
  • The object is OBJ.
  • I exported the UV map via Dn. I have no clue what I'm looking at, but attached is a screenshot of all the exported UV files and in particular, the "SeatFabric_UV" where the shade is on the backrest.
  • I checked the lighting options and tested various settings. Environment lights: on and off. Directional lights: on and off. Using just one or the other and vice versa. The issue unfortunately remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried with uv from the original 3D model without export uv from DN ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines