Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sketch Up UV to Dimension CC

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am pretty new to sketch up and dimensions so I am in need of a little help. I am creating my models in sketch up and I am wanting to render them in Dimension, anytime I import an obj. file into Dimension from Sketch Up I am getting a little message saying...

"We have detected that the model has out of bound UVs. Out of bound IVs may affect the way materials and graphics are applied to the model. For ideal results ensure all UVs are in the 0-1 space."

So when I import my file I can't apply my graphics it just turns out grey? I have had play around on both sketch up and dimension and just can't seem to find the solution, can anybody help me? I'm really stuck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

UVs are handled in the program creating the model (in this case Sketchup).  Please look up some tutorials for UVs in Sketchup as we do not have official support or tutorials for 3rd party programs.  Dimension cannot provide or fix UVs at this time, it is just able to detect and warn that this is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UVs are handled in the program creating the model (in this case Sketchup).  Please look up some tutorials for UVs in Sketchup as we do not have official support or tutorials for 3rd party programs.  Dimension cannot provide or fix UVs at this time, it is just able to detect and warn that this is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that a lot of people find this frustrating including myself.

Is there really nothing that you can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Long term, of course!    We have a lot of initiatives around automatically fixing UV errors and can eventually expose tools to give users manual control over UVs directly in Dimension if needed.  Short term though, there's not much I can do.  There are too many 3rd party softwares out there for me to give instructions and they vary for each tool out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines