Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Slow Cloud Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the new cloud rendering feature this afternoon, safe to say the advertisement of "lightning fast" render speeds is not a true statement. I don't know if this was a marketing statement they thought would be okay, but it's actually just a lie.

I get that cloud rendering frees up my computer to do other things. But it is not faster than my PC, which is not a high end system, it's a run of the mill "here's your desk" office computer.

Sorry to anyone who got excited about this feature. Do not go spending money on this when they open up purchasable render credits.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree its not "lightning fast" my Ryzen is quicker but my laptop is [of course] slower & as you point out it frees up the system to start working on something else so if you did say ten in a row yes that would be much faster... anyway thanks for the feedback

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Tim-

I would love to dig in more here. Are you comparing the cloud render for the same file to a local render (your PC)? There are multiple factors that can affect render times but generally after uploading the file, the render should definitely be faster and if it's NOT it's a serious issue that I'd like to make sure gets addressed. I know this takes time though and impacts your work so I really appreciate you even taking the time to submit a feedback on this. Please email me at zorana@adobe.com if you have a moment to dig in a little deeper as I'd like to understand if you perhaps hit an error, what kind of file/materials/model did you have, how long did it actually take, etc. Thanks again for considering these things here.

Zorana

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines