• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something Went Wrong Placing Decals

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am loving Dimensions so far for its ease of use and clean renders. But one thing I have not successfully been able to place a decal on my obj files. I get a "something went wrong, sticker will be removed error". Is there a best practices for exporting .objs from 3d programs? In this case it is Modo v11.1, on a Macbook pro, running OSX 10.12.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

There are a couple of possible causes to this issue.

• The object has no UVs (UVs tell the object what part of a 2D image goes onto it's 3D form)
  • The object has bad UVs (if the UVs are overlapping, stretched too badly, or malformed in some way it can cause errors)
  • The object has bad geometry (overlapping faces, inverted normals, and broken edges can cause this)

We're working on catching these types of errors and fixing them for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw a similar question and it mentioned adding UVs to the model. I will try that and report back to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of possible causes to this issue.

• The object has no UVs (UVs tell the object what part of a 2D image goes onto it's 3D form)
  • The object has bad UVs (if the UVs are overlapping, stretched too badly, or malformed in some way it can cause errors)
  • The object has bad geometry (overlapping faces, inverted normals, and broken edges can cause this)

We're working on catching these types of errors and fixing them for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had converted an .stl file into an .obj and .obj.mtl file (the conversion produced these two files.  I imported the .obj file, but Dimension didn't seem to use the .obj.mtl file where I think the UV data may be held.

So, like the original question, I got the error when trying to place a graphic on the object.

Any advice or updates on addressing this issue?

Thanks,

gary.sasaki@digdia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a 3D wine bottle from Adobe Stock images for $20 and it won't let me place a graphic. That is not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sincere apologies!  The Stock and Dimension teams are both aware of the issues where some models can't have graphics placed and are working on resolving the issues.  You can reach out to Contact Customer Care to get an exchange of your asset that does not work with decal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the customer care link, but once there, there is no option to select Dimension CC, or a related topic to request a refund for the 3D asset that won't work. This is terribly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select Dimension CC by selecting "Creative Cloud All Apps" then choosing the Additional tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a problem by signing please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines