• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I put 5 elements into a scene, and I want the last element that I added to be physically underneath all 4 previously built elements, how do you re-order the elements to move the new top element under the others?

In the Environment panel, I would have assumed that it's simply just re-ordering the elements like stacked paper, but this has no affect on physical order.

Am I missing something obvious?

TIA,

doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Because Dimension is a 3D application the scene panel is not a layer panel and does not affect the physical ordering.  In order to arrange objects you can use the Move tool (Shortcut V) and interact with the gizmo in the canvas.

Here's a quick one minute video on moving objects:  Dimension Quick Tips - Move, Rotate, and Scale Objects | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Dimension is a 3D application the scene panel is not a layer panel and does not affect the physical ordering.  In order to arrange objects you can use the Move tool (Shortcut V) and interact with the gizmo in the canvas.

Here's a quick one minute video on moving objects:  Dimension Quick Tips - Move, Rotate, and Scale Objects | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, I see how it works now. The move tool isn't exactly intuitive where you need to hold an object to move it in space. By dragging the actual green arrow in the move X/Y/Z axis graphic, you can move an object in space above or below another object. My brain is wired in decades of 2D Adobe design software (like Illustrator), where if you want item A behind item B instead of in front of it, it's a simple key command task to move it in 2D space.

It's not obvious at first, but it's starting to make sense now.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure!  Making it more familiar is something we're interested in exploring, but not a simple task due to spatial distances.  For example, if we added shortcuts similar to Photoshop and Illustrator "Move Forward/Back" would it be relative to your current view?  How far (distance) would you expect between the objects?  We have some questions there, but certainly something we can make simpler!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines