• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling to render clear plastic (mine appears cloudy)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to render an image of a CD case model I created in C4D. The case itself is made out of paper, while the CD sits in a plastic insert of sorts. The plastic part is meant to be see-through but no matter what I do, each time I render it, it appears "cloudy"

plasticcase.PNG

006.png

I work with a 1.5-1.7 index of refraction for plastic, and 95% translucence (when i try to go any higher, it makes the circle in the centre of the CD look too bright).

Most of my test renders were only done using a HDRI map, but I tried using artificial sunlight as well once and it didn't fix the issue (it only made it worse). The images above show the clearest example of what I've been able to achieve.

My guess is that either some variables in the plastic material settings are causing this, or maybe it's the noise reducing algorithm (if that's the case, I guess there's nothing I can do).

Please help, I've been struggling with this for 2 days now and I feel like I ran out of ideas a day ago.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry which bit is it you want to be see-through?

Screenshot (939).png

Screenshot (940).png

yes [by default] Dimension does clean up cloudy glass | plastic as part of its noise reducing algorithm but you can tell it not to and if you rendor as a Psd then the results are on a separate layer for easy edits

• can you share the model for tests?
  • also a clear photo \ image of something with the material type you are tring to create would be very helpful i.e, you want it to look like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines