• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System not compatible

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first of all sorry about my bad english.

I've looked for the requirement and other threads but i didn't find my answer.

I've recently updated my mac, added memory (now 16g) and freed a lot of space, I also have a 2 GHz Intel Core i7 and MD Radeon HD 6490M 256 Mo so it should be alright. However maybe the problem come from my VRAM but i can't find where to look how i've got because i really want to use Dimension for my works and i consider adding VRAM to my computer if needed.

What should i do ? Can i virtually add more VRAM using my available RAM ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You UPGRADED to a 10 year old gcard? yes 512mb of Vram is the min you need for Dimension... a 1g would be better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check your VRAM in the DimensionGPUProfiler.log file located here:

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

When you open the Dimension.log file in any word program the first few lines are looking at your system requirements.  The lines you'd be looking for look like this:

gbl       Info      46ms>glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=4096

gbl       Info      46ms>glgpu[1].GLMemoryMB=4096

The minimum number here is 512.  You may see two cards listed as in my example where I have an integrated card [0] and a discreet card [1].  In this case Dimension should use the discreet card value.

There is no Adobe approved method for altering the RAM on your machine as it is controlled by your OS for integrated cards.  For discreet cards you can upgrade your graphics card.

We are changing the system requirements in our next update (slated for early April in just a few weeks) which will remove the block on these system requirements and allow you to run the app with a warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines