Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking content modified in dimensions to AR

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

First time post here. I am trying to figure out how to take the .obj files i have created in CAD programs and modified in dimensions to actually making them usable in some type of Augmented Reality. I work in the school system and we have made a few models that we were going to 3D print, but we also went and textured them and modified in dimensions to see it in AR. I know you can tag files with QR codes and icons within the QR using javascript, but I was hoping to find a way to use some of program where the kids could use their phones/tablets to hover over sheets at their desks and have the 3D objects appear at the table for them to view and discuss. 

Any input for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to export your object from Dimension 

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/render-export.html

Also you can publish Publish 3D Scene (Beta) from dimension and share link 

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/publish-3d-scene.html

I also  encourage you to use Sketchfab.com https://sketchfab.com and load your obj exported mode into Sketchfab.com and share link with kids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the option to embed the images online. I guess what we were trying to do is make the image be able to show up with the work students are doing on their paper. I like the idea of just being able to share the link, but we were trying to make it so it was more interactive with the students. We had ideas of them being able to make videos explaining the concepts with the images in the videos as they used the cameras on whatever device they are using. I am not sure if that makes much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st the Dimension UI is very much a work in progress and exporting out designs as reusable objects isn't reliable yet

2nd yes it is possible to do this as a workflow... At least on Windows systems

What we do is import Fuse characters to Dimension (edit them) and export as Obj... Then we bring that into iclone to make the animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines